PO Box 456 Newtown, CT 06470 N Ph: 203 304 1239
DEDICATED TO NEWTOWN, CT
Contribute: Click here to contribute to our fundraising campaign to help provide complimentary copies to Sandy Hook families.
Our current issue is a special tribute issue offered as a healing gift to the people of Newtown.
By its very nature it is a publication of historic significance.
Our aims for this issue are to:
- Celebrate the people, beauty, culture, and community spirit of Newtown, CT
- Remember those we love and lost
- Give artistic expression to the grief we have shared
- Highlight the role of the arts in healing and the arts’ ability to nurture our humanity
- Focus on our love, faith, and hope for the future.
Featuring contributions from:
- Nationally acclaimed authors and illustrators such as Wally Lamb, Lois Lowry, Katherine Paterson, and Steven Kellogg
- Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Yusef Komunyakaa
- Sesame Street’s Alan Muraoka
- National leaders such as Senators Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, and Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty
- Newtown’s First Selectwoman Pat Llodra
- Newtown faith leaders such as Rabbi Shaul Praver and Monsignor Robert Weiss
- Newtown educators such as Newtown High School Principal Chip Dumais and
Reed Intermediate teacher Gael Lynch
- Newtown residents and high school students
- Sandy Hook Elementary School parents David Wheeler and Sophfronia Scott
- Sandy Hook Elementary School staff member Cindy Carlson
- Sandy Hook Elementary School student artists Daniel Barden, Chase Kowalski, Jessica Rekos, and Avielle Richman
Order: Order copies of THE NEWTOWNER's Special Tribute Issue here Contribute: Click here to contribute to our indiegogo fundraising campaign to help
provide complimentary copies to Sandy Hook families.
Call for sponsorship: Our hearts’ desire is to provide complimentary copies to the families of Sandy Hook, as well as the greater Newtown community. We are looking for individual and corporate sponsor funding to be able to achieve this goal.
Call for volunteers: The Newtowner is seeking volunteers and interns that would be interested in helping to produce this special tribute issue. Volunteer opportunities are available in the areas of writing, editing, public relations, publicity, fundraising, photography, illustration, design, and distribution. Please contact email@example.com to express your interest.
Thank you in advance for whatever help you can offer in creating this healing gift to Newtown.
An Arts and Literary Magazine
Cover illustration by Harry Campbell
CULTURAL ALLIANCE of WESTERN CT
Avance Esthetiques Day Spa
Byrd's Books, Bethel
Bryson M. Filbert, DMD, Dentist
Anne M. Ragusa - Attorney at Law
David Dumas - Architect
Dance Etc., Newtown, CT
Taunton Packaging Inc.
Pizzeria Lauretano, Bethel
Town Players of Newtown
Newbury Musical Theatre Company
Down on Main Street, Newtown
The Newtown Junior Women's Club